This year I decided to try something new, and skip blogging about my personal New Years resolutions, and blog about Thrifting Resolutions for 2019! I know… I’m a little late to the game, but I was getting ready for our wedding through the New Year so I’m doing it now 🙂
I’ve done A LOT of thrifting this year. And to me, thrifting is like a sport -there’s always room for improvement. While I’ve had a lot of experience thrifting this year, there are a few things I want to change. I really want to hone in on my thrifting skills in the new year, and let you guys in on a few tips that will be helpful for you to reach your #thriftinggoals this year too!
- Quality over Quantity – Although items are so inexpensive at thrift stores, I sometimes get distracted with the cheap price tag, and not if I love it and will really wear/use it. I want to learn to only pick the best of the best items from the thrift store!
- Donate More – I already donate, but I want to more regularly clean out my closet and donate more frequently.
- Hone in on my Personal Style – I love getting to try new trends and styles from the thrift store. However, I want to focus on only getting things that fit my personal style, and not just because they’re interesting.
- Be Aware of How Much I’m Spending – I want to keep track of what I’m actually spending each month thrifting because the little things add up!
- Go Thrifting More! – The BEST way to improve your thrifting skills is to do it more often. You learn what’s rare, what’s a steal, and give yourself more opportunities to say no to the things you don’t absolutely love, and to yes to the things you do!
Hope my thrifting resolutions help you on your next thrifting trip!