During the holidays things can get a little complicated for vegans. I love when people go out of their way to make me vegan food, but I’ve also learned to prepare one thing for myself too. That way, I always know there will be something I can eat that I know is good! Sometimes Great Aunt Sally’s kale salad ain’t cuttin it 🙅🏼♀️ LOL. Or maybe you have a vegan guest at your table this year, and want some items for them! Either way, I’m here to hook you up!
With Derek and I being apart this year for Thanksgiving (I’ll be traveling home to Florida, while Derek travels to Texas for a gig), I decided I wanted to make our own special Thanksgiving meal. I hate being apart from him during the holidays, but it’s allowed us to create our own traditions while still cherishing those we’ve created with our family. Since we will being celebrating Thanksgiving apart this year, I decided to cook Derek a Thanksgiving meal for two (although I made enough food for 20 haha), and he was appreciative of it! I love getting to share our own traditions we are creating as a new family!
I wanted to share all the seriously AMAZING dishes I made. They’re all vegan and all so good! Derek’s favorite was the Mac n cheese and my favorite might have been the green bean casserole! I found all these recipes through some of my favorite vegan food bloggers, and I hope you can enjoy making and tarting them!
- Mac N Cheese – SO creamy and cheesy!
- Green bean casserole – WAY better than using canned mushroom soup!
- Cranberry Sauce – This is actually already vegan but I loved this classic recipe!
- Vegan Sausage Stuffing – I ended up not making a main course (sides are better any way!) So I loved the addition of the sausage in this stuffing!
- Gravy – I’m not a big mushroom fan, so I loved this savory gravy!
- Mashed Potatoes – I honestly just eyeballed these! I mixed together butter potatoes, almond milk, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, and lots of vegan butter. Here’s a simple recipe though!
- Chocolate pumpkin Pie – A chocolatey take on a classic!
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all get to share this day with loved ones and yummy food!